Tuesday, June 10, 2014

But What Does It Mean?


The First Book of Nephi


Chapter 11


After my father had told us of his dream, I had a desire to know for myself. I pondered on the dream, and while I was, I was overcome by the Holy Ghost and brought up to a high mountain. The Spirit asked me what I wanted and I told him about wanting to know what my father's dream meant.

He blessed me for my belief and told me I would see Jesus Christ.

He showed me my father's dream. The tree was the most beautiful and whitest things I have ever seen. I asked him what the tree meant.

He showed me the city of Nazareth where a beautiful virgin was. "Do you know the condescension of God?" He asked me.

"I don't know what you mean, I don't know all things, but I know that God loves His children." I told him.

He showed me the virgin again, but she was holding a baby in her arms.
"This is the Lamb of God, the Son of the Eternal Father. Do you know what the tree represents?"

I understood now that it symbolized the love of God.

I was shown Him going among the children of men and many people worshipping Him. I understood that the iron rod was the word of God and that it led people to the tree of life, or the love of God.

The Spirit of The Lord continued to tell me to look over and over, and I saw the scenes from the life of the Lamb of God, how He was baptized and received the Holy Ghost, how He performed miracles and healed many people, and how He was judged and put on the cross by the people, and He was slain for the sins of the world.

After, I saw many people fight against the twelve apostles. These who fought against them were in the great and spacious building.

"Behold, the world, and its wisdom, and how the house of Israel fights against the twelve who were called," the Holy Spirit told me.

I knew that the great and spacious building was the pride of the world, and its fall would be great, and there would be so much destruction against those who fight against the twelve apostles.


To read the actual scripture verses, go to 1 Nephi 11

No comments:

Post a Comment